Macs are extremely powerful machines whose capabilities are further enhanced by macOS’s various useful features and functionalities. Every year, Apple launches a brand new macOS upgrade which features tons of new features and functionalities to ensure that users get the best possible experience. The case with the latest macOS Monterey update is no different. According to Macrumours, the new macOS update features numerous upgrades, such as better FaceTime features, privacy enhancements, etc. One of the most significant upgrades that the new OS version features is a revamped Safari browser.
The majority of macOS users prefer using Apple’s native Safari browser over other alternatives for numerous reasons. Firstly, its simple look and appeal facilitate users to navigate through, and access features easily. Besides this, the browser houses tons of exceptional features that enhance their browsing experience. Two of the most-used Safari features include Bookmarks and the recently-added Tab Groups. This article will shed light on both features and how Safari users can use them in the most efficient way. Let us dive right into it:
What are Bookmarks and Tab Groups in Safari?
Bookmarks – A bookmark is a saved link to a specific website or webpage that individuals add to a list consisting of saved links. Bookmarking is a generic or standard feature that almost every web browser offers natively. If you use Safari as your daily driver for performing online tasks, you can conveniently bookmark any web page or website and access it by clicking on the bookmark icon on the leftmost side of the sidebar window.
Moreover, you can also manage the saved bookmarks very easily using the sidebar. For instance, if you want to delete bookmarks on mac, you can easily do so by opening Safari, clicking on the sidebar, and right-clicking on the bookmarks you wish to delete. Besides this, you can also use a third-party tool to delete bookmarks present in Safari or any other browser. One of the best tools for the job is CleanMyMac X. It is a macOS-compatible third-party tool that facilitates users to remove bookmarks, cache, or other junk files.
Tab Groups – Tab Groups is a feature that recently got added to Safari, and it has already become the favorite of tons of users. The feature facilitates users to segregate tabs by combining them and putting them in groups. Users can conveniently switch between different groups by clicking on the required one without switching the active Safari window. The feature is exclusively available for macOS Monterey users. Besides this, the feature is also available for iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 users.
Best Ways to Use Safari’s Bookmark Feature:
- One of the most efficient ways to utilize Safari’s bookmarking feature is to use it to save web pages and websites you visit frequently. Doing so will facilitate you to access web pages and websites conveniently and help you save time.
- You can also use the bookmark feature of macOS’s native Safari browser to save the URL of web-based apps and utilities you frequently use. For instance, if you are a content writer, you can bookmark Grammarly or any other grammar-checking site to ensure easy accessibility in times of need.
- You can also categorize and manage bookmarks as per your requirements. For instance, if you have numerous social media sites bookmarked, you can categorize them together to access any social media platform easily. Besides this, you can also mark any bookmark as a favorite to highlight it above the rest.
Best Ways to Use Safari’s Tab Groups Feature:
- As opposed to bookmarks, tab groups are perfect for grouping tabs you require using for a short term. For instance, if you are working on a project that needs you to research multiple topics, you can use the tab group feature to accumulate information about a specific topic and create other groups to house tabs containing information about the other topics. Using tab groups will facilitate you to switch between different tabs without hassle. Moreover, once you have completed your project, you can close the group tabs with a single click.
- Besides being good for short-term usage, the feature also comes in handy if you wish to work on a long-term project or task but do not want to bookmark each tab separately. If you wish to keep tab groups around for a longer time, all you need to do is save them before closing the Safari app. For instance, if you are in a hurry and have to shut down your Mac, you can save the tab and close your Safari. When you wish to reassess the tabs, you have to click on the Tab Group to open all the tabs separately present in the group quickly.
The Bookmark and Tab Group features of macOS’ Safari browser are great additions that enhance users’ web browsing experience. If you want to become a power user of Safari and use both the features effectively, refer to the points mentioned above.
READ MORE: Importance of Bowling in Pune