New World developer Amazon is about to hold the game’s first ever Winter Convergence event on PC.
Fans of the popular MMORPG will be able to take part in limited time activities and earn special rewards as part of the new event.
“The holiday of Winter Convergence is upon Aeternum!” reads an Amazon post. “Marked by the appearance of increased snowfall and Northern Lights in the sky this is a time of dichotomy and duality as the Winter Wanderer and Winter Warrior come to the land.
“Icy winds and the Winter Wanderer bring with them new armors, weapons, furnishings, skins, consumables, and a delightful ‘present gifting’ emote.”
As confirmed by Amazon, new activities include Convergence Spirit decorations, lost present recovery, and Gleamite collecting.
Players will also be tasked with defeating the Winter Warrior, whose ice caves are popping up all over Aeternum.
Needless to say, the New World event will be introduced alongside an update, which can be downloaded at 12pm GMT UK time.
Sadly, however, the update coincides with a 3-hour period of server downtime, which runs until 3pm GMT.
You can check out some of the New World Winter Convergence update patch notes below.
• Improvements added to Main Story Quests:
• “Destiny Unearthed” has received a solo-able option.
• “The Nose Knows” has improved level design, and new tasks associated with actually acquiring the “ingredients” for Bear repellant.
• “Triumphant Return” now requires players to extinguish fires in Fort Alazar before rescuing Rima.
• Added supplemental Territory Quests:
– 16 new quests added to Mourningdale.
– 13 new quests added to Restless Shore.
• New “Housing” Quests
– 7 new quests added that are unlocked as players progress in their Territory Standing.
– These quests allow players to assist an idealistic architect as he undertakes a bold mission to construct new houses out in the wilds of Aeternum.
– The architect will extol the virtues of Home Ownership and reward players with new furniture and decor.
– Seek out Giacomo Altovoli in the Settlement in First Light, Everfall, Monarch’s Bluffs, or Windsward to get started (completion of “Encroaching Corruption” required)
• Added more info to tell players that PvP Faction Mission player kills don’t reset on death.
• Fixed an issue where killing Corrupted Tendril AI did not progress the “Adiana’s Fountain” quest.
• Removed many Elite Quest Prereqs for level 40 Weapons & Armor Quests.
• Added better displays for the Spirit shrine icons on the map like other POIs in the world.
• Quest marker for “Visions of Invaders” is now shown on the Map.
• Fixed issues where certain Mourningdale NPCs didn’t have Map markers for quest acceptance and turn-in.
• Fixed issues withplayers farming Captain Thorpe after clipping through Myrkgard Cathedral.
• Fixed issues where players were able to clip through the walls of the attacker War camps.