The PlayStation 5 is nearly a year old, having launched all the way back in November 2020.
Unfortunately, however, fans are still struggling to get hold of stock, with the PlayStation 5 selling out instantly.
And now with Christmas creeping ever closer, the pressure is on for present hunters hoping to bag a PS5.
Sadly, however, it looks like the PS5 stock issues are likely to continue for the foreseeable future.
One of the biggest contributers to PlayStation 5 stock shortages is the lack of components needed for manufacturing. Semiconductors, in particular, are in short supply.
In a recent report on Bloomberg, Toshiba said that it’s unable to meet demand for the power-regulating chips needed to make games consoles.
“The supply of chips will remain very tight until at least September next year,” explained Takeshi Kamebuchi from Toshiba.
“In some cases, we may find some customers not being fully served until 2023.”
The result is that Sony will be unable to manufacture as many consoles, unless it finds an alternative supply.
If you’re hoping to get hold of a PS5 console in time for Christmas, then it’s worth checking out the following tips.
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when buying from GAME (via PS5 UK Stock)….
• Get familiar with the bundles, so you know which one to target first: Obscure bundles are easier to get, standalones almost impossible. [GAME]
• When alerted, click through to your first bundle of choice as quickly as possible, this will get you into the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it’s failed when trying to checkout, it means that bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• Checking out too much too quickly will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush it. If this happens, just wait a bit then try again. [GAME]
PlayStation 5 general shopping tips…
• Login if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices wherever possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app for purchasing a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts where possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Follow stock checker accounts and websites, including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
If you are successful when trying to buy a PS5 console, then I highly recommend picking up a copy of Deathsmiles.
Developed by the team behind Dishonored and Prey, the game sees players take control of rival assassins stuck in a timeloop.
“In Deathloop, two rival assassins are trapped in a mysterious timeloop on the island of Blackreef, doomed to repeat the same day for eternity.
“As Colt, the only chance for escape is to end the cycle by assassinating eight key targets before the day resets. Learn from each cycle – try new paths, gather intel, and find new weapons and abilities. Do whatever it takes to break the loop.”
The game makes use of the PS5 DualSense controller, replicating weapon jamming via the adaptive triggers, as well as weather and environmental effects via haptic feedback.