Universal Credit: What to do if you can’t pay your rent or mortgage

1 min read

Homeless charity Crisis said 190,000 renters in receipt of Universal Credit are at least two months behind with their payments according to these figures.

It comes at a time when British families are struggling to survive as food, petrol and energy bills soar.

Universal Credit is paid by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to Britons who are struggling to pay for everyday living costs, but they can also get help with their rent or mortgage payments depending on their circumstances.

This applies whether people rent from a private landlord, a housing association or local authority or have a mortgage on the property.

READ MORE:  Rishi Sunak ‘about to raise Capital Gains Tax’ say experts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous Story

Do I have the right to see my GP in person? Sajid Javid launches huge overhaul

Next Story

Norway bow-and-arrow suspect who allegedly killed 5 was flagged for radicalization

Latest from Blog

withemes on instagram