If you don’t have a memorable word on your account, or you can’t provide the three random characters, Virgin will ask you to answer a security question, which you’ll have set up yourself when taking out the account.
If Virgin is calling you about an offer or about moving house, they will ask you to confirm two of the following: your postcode, the first line of your address, your account number, your email address or your date of birth.
Anyone who thinks they may have been scammed can still stop hacks from taking place.
Virgin is giving this advice to anyone who thinks they may be a victim of fraud.
1. Contact your bank if you think you may have given out financial information
2. Change your account password
3. Forward fraudulent texts to Virgin for free on 7726 and they will look into them
4. Contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040
5. Call Virgin Media on 150 from your Virgin Mobile phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone if you think somebody’s taken out a contract with us using your details