Wordle 484 is live for the next 24-hours, which means you don’t have long to figure out the answer and maintain your winning streak. Fortunately, Express Online is here to help, courtesy of a brand new selection of hints for the October 16 puzzle. And there’s no need to feel guilty, because these clues are completely spoiler-free, so it’s not really cheating. Good luck finding the answer, because you might just need it.
The perfect game to play over breakfast, aim of Wordle is to figure out a five letter word in just six guesses, which is a tough task, especially when you’re dealing with an obscure word.
To solve the puzzle, you’ll need to pay close attention to the colour of the tiles. If the tile turns grey, then the letter you’ve guessed doesn’t appear in the final word. If it turns yellow, then the letter appears in the word, just not in that position. A green tile means the letter is in the word and in the correct place.
An addictive game with a huge following, Wordle has spawned dozens of clones, including a Lord of the Rings themed version, a musical variant called Heardle, and a hardcore version called Quordle.
If you’re not great with words, then you might prefer something like daily maths-based puzzle Nerdle, where the aim is to figure out a mystery equation.
Anyway, if you’re here for Wordle 484 hints, check out the latest clues for the October 16 puzzle below…
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess. If you really want to become a Wordle master, these are four of the best starting words to use.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 484 hints and clues for October 16…
1. Wordle 484 starts with the letter S.
2. Wordle 484 contains two vowels.
3. You’ll have to dig a little deeper if you want to solve this one.