Brendan Fraser apologizes for causing a traffic jam while filming 'George of the Jungle' 25 years ago

[ad_1]

Brendan Fraser is apologizing for causing a major traffic disaster in San Francisco while filming “George of the Jungle” 25 years ago.

Fraser, who starred in the 1997 film, recalled filming a scene along the Bay Bridge that caused chaos. 

He spoke at the Mill Valley Film Festival in California on Thursday and explained that although a dummy was used for the scene, drivers on the bridge believed a real person was in despair.

“Disney put a mannequin hanging by a parachute from the uprights. It brought traffic to a standstill on either side of the bridge,” he told SFGate. “My trailer was on the other side in a parking lot. I just remember watching the… Bridge.”

Brendan Fraser apologized for causing a traffic jam while filming "George of the Jungle" in 1997.

Brendan Fraser apologized for causing a traffic jam while filming “George of the Jungle” in 1997.
(Getty Images)

BRENDAN FRASER TRANSFORMS INTO 600LB RECLUSE FOR NEW MOVIE ‘THE WHALE’

Fraser continued: “There’s this dummy parachutist hanging from it. I had the TV on, and ‘Oprah’ got interrupted because there was a special news report with helicopters saying a parachute is dangling on the bridge.”

“And I’m going — ‘Wait a minute!’ I’m looking at the helicopters and TV — somebody didn’t pull a permit, somebody’s going to get in trouble with the mayor’s office.”

The actor concluded with an apology: “So I can only apologize for that. So, that said, my bad. It won’t happen again.”

Brendan Fraser gives an interview at the premiere of "The Whale" at 45th Mill Valley Film Festival on Thursday.

Brendan Fraser gives an interview at the premiere of “The Whale” at 45th Mill Valley Film Festival on Thursday.
(Photo by Miikka Skaffari)

Fraser has slowly made his way back to Hollywood with his project, “The Whale,” in which he transforms into a 600-pound man.

WHAT HAPPENED TO FORMER ‘MUMMY’ STAR BRENDAN FRASER?

In August of last year, Fraser was visibly moved after learning fans on social media were rooting for his major Hollywood comeback.

TikTok cosplayer @LittleLottieCosplay had a virtual meet-and-greet with the actor that went viral with more than 1 million views, TheWrap.com reported at the time.

Brendan Fraser transforms into a 600-pound man in "The Whale."

Brendan Fraser transforms into a 600-pound man in “The Whale.”
(Photo by John Phillips/Getty Images for BFI)

In the video, Fraser revealed he was gearing up for his upcoming project, “Killers of the Flower Moon.” The crime drama, which is being directed by Martin Scorsese, will also star Oscar winners Robert De Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio and is set to debut in 2023.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

“I’m going to work with Scorsese and Leo (DiCaprio) and Bob De Niro,” said Fraser. “I think I might be sick, I’m a little anxious,” he shared as he mimed biting on his fingernails nervously.

However, the fan told Fraser that he’s “got this.”

“The internet is so behind you!” she assured him. “We’re so supportive. There are so many people out there who love you, and we’re rooting for you, and we can’t wait to see what you do next.”

Fraser, visibly choked up by the declaration, took a drink of water as he fought back tears.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Shucks, ma’am,” said Fraser as he tipped his hat in gratitude.

Vanity Fair noted in a recent interview with Fraser that his social media has grown in the past year. In 2018, he admitted to feeling blacklisted after he accused former Hollywood Foreign Press Association president Philip Berk of sexual assault in 2003.

[ad_2]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous Story

Fears grow for Iranian climber who competed without hijab at global event

Next Story

‘Miracle worker!’ Gardeners share ‘fantastic solution’ for cleaning patios and pathways

Latest from Blog

withemes on instagram